Waterfall (Rive of Time Series, book #1)

Waterfall (River of Time Series, book #1)

AUTHOR: Lisa Bergren

PLOT: Two sisters time-travel through an Italian tomb to the medieval era. They meet and fall for two handsome knights while becoming warriors themselves fighting for ancient Siena.

OPINION: What a totally awesome, riveting engaging story! It can only be described as pure fun. This story defied all my expectations - I rarely like young adult novels especially in first-person POV, but I loved this. My only complaints were sometimes it did get intense (like the branding the wound scene. Ugggh. I'm a little squeamish, so I had to skim through that). Otherwise, I LOVED it!

CONTENT: violence/mild gore, threats of torture, several long, disturbing scenes describing removing stitches from a wound/branding a wound, a girl is nearly raped but rescued before anything happens

(my) RATING: PG-13

STARS: 4.5 out of 5

Comments

  1. There have been SO many people who have recommended this one to me - and still I've yet to read it. *sigh* One of these days, I *will* get to it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really didn't expect to like it, but it totally defied my expectations. The sequel gets even better and is my personal favorite.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts