Top Ten Tuesday


Top Ten All Time Favorite Characters In Books

So it's "Top Ten Tuesday Rewind!" from The Broke and the Bookish. I chose to do favorite characters. This is my first time doing a a "Top Ten" weekly meme; it was a lot of fun! So here it is - (in no particular order, hehe)

Mr. Tilney (Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen) – Mr. Tilney, though an often overlooked romantic hero, is a huge favorite of mine. He’s funny, witty and sarcastic – and he knows it. He’s also a gentleman, supportive of his sister, and an overall Austen hero.

Gabi (Waterfall: River of Time series by Lisa Bergren) – Gabi rocks! She’s strong, balanced, and intelligent. Gabi protects, loves, and fights (literally!) for her family.

Mac (Rose in Bloom by Louisa May Alcott) – If only Mac existed in this world. “The bookwork”, as his cousins call him, would rather be reading than anything in this world. Hilarious when he’s committing another socially inept incident or endearing when he’s supporting the heroine, Rose, he’ll always be my favorite hero Alcott ever wrote.

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Star Wars Episode III novelization by Matthew Stover) – I know, I know. He’s a movie character. But no other SW book captured Obi-Wan like Matthew Stover did.

Percy Blakeney (The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Emmuska Orczy) – Who could forget this iconic character? His foppish, frivolous behavior left you grinning, for you knew beneath all that was a razor-sharp mind just toying with all of society. He’s the grandfather of superheroes, people.

Long John Silver (Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson) – And what would this list be without a pirate? Though I think the movie adaptations fleshed out his character more, Long John Silver was the reason I read Treasure Island. I still love the roguish yet refined pirate

Elizabeth Bennet (Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen) ­­– I don’t think my list would be complete without her. She’s the heroine we all wanted to be. She’s pretty, smart, and just sassy enough. She’s a gentleman’s daughter – and she won’t let anyone tell her otherwise.

Nancy Drew (Nancy Drew by Carolyn Keene) – I grew up on these stories and Nancy Drew was my ideal heroine. Cool, calm and confident, Nancy Drew embodied what every girl wanted to be.

Anne (Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery) – We all loved Anne. Anne has been a favorite for so long, with a fiery temper to match her red hair and a soul too sensitive to (almost) ever forgive Gilbert for humiliating her. Her imaginative soul is still unparalleled.


Joanna Stafford (The Crown by Nancy Bilyeau) – Joanna Stafford is the kind of heroine I want to write. Equally strong and bold as she is compassionate and rational. Who knew a 16th century Dominican nun could be so fascinating?

Comments

  1. Great list! Love the blend of classic characters and new favorites. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D I think doing this made me realize actually how few books I've read compared to when I was a kid. I think I need to get back to reading more again (as opposed to watching shows, lol).

      Delete
  2. I love Lizzy! P&P is probably my favourite book ever! I love everything about it!

    I have yet to read any of the other books on your list, but great list anyway!

    AmandaEmma @ Little Miss Reader
    My TTT Topic this week was Series I'd like to start, but haven't

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P&P is my favorite Austen book. It's definitely her best :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts