Top Ten Tuesday: Four Books That Make Me Think of Halloween

FOUR BOOKS THAT MAKE ME THINK OF HALLOWEEN

I decided to join in the Top Ten Tuesday prompt hosted by The Broke and the Bookish blog. I couldn’t quite come reach ten books for this week’s topic, so four will have to do. ;)



Northanger Abbey
Catherine Morland swallows up gothic novels and daydreams all sorts of horrid and fascinating adventures. When she’s invited to stay with the Tilneys at Northanger Abbey, she envisions a horrible murder that took the life of the Tilneys’ mother in the dark recesses of their grand home. Soon her fantasies start shifting her view of reality.



Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith Novelization (Matthew Stover)
When I think of Halloween images of cosplay and exciting costumes comes to mind. And what’s a costume party without a Jedi or Sith in the mix? My
favorite Star Wars book (and just a book I love in general because of Matthew Stover’s writing!) is this novelization that I’ve read more than once. Unlike other Star Wars novelizations that mainly read like a wordy script, this novel is breathing with emotional moments and characters as fleshed out as they are on the big screen (probably even more so, in my opinion!).


Beastly
What a fun and romantic YA book. I saw the movie and knew I had to give the book a try. I loved it from the get-go, following the contemporary fairy-tale story of Kyle Kingsbury, a.k.a the beast, a teenage boy living in New York City who’s cursed to live as a monster. The re-telling is amusing and delightful. Plus I just love Beauty and the Beast, so enjoying this book was probably destined to be.



Entwined

In this charming, and at times creepy, fairy-tale re-telling, Princess Azalea and her eleven sisters are trapped in a stifling palace life with their only escape in a secret magical place ruled by The Keeper. There they may dance to their hearts desire, but The Keeper is not who Azalea thinks. He has his
own dark plans simmering beneath his perfect fa├žade and before long the twelve princesses magical getaway collapses into a never-ending nightmare.

Comments

  1. All of these definitely evoke feelings of Halloween! Though, I love any list that has a Star Wars novelization on it :p

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by Allyson. I think any list is better with Star Wars on it too. :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts