Skip to main content

Movies I'm looking forward to in 2016

2016 is just around the corner and how time flies. It seems to be ever increasing in its speed. I thought that 2015 was the year crammed with anticipated movies, but it seems that each year only increases the amount of exciting, much-hyped films eagerly awaited by fans. 2016 is promising to have more blockbuster films than one thought possible (remember the bygone days when a couple blockbuster films would come out a year?). Here's a look at the movies that I'm excited, curious about, and favorably considering for the new year!


December 30 (2015)
The Joseon Magician
So technically this movie is coming out in 2015, but since it's a Korean film I won't get to see it until sometime later in 2016 if and when it's released on DVD and hopefully subtitled. I watched a couple trailers for this movie - there doesn't seem to be a lot of plot (at least they didn't reveal much) except a love story between a magician and a Joseon princess. But it looks so gorgeous!! I mean seriously beautiful.


February 5
Pride and Prejudice and ZombiesSoooo, I hate zombies. Really, the whole concept is just gross. But I LOVE Pride and Prejudice. I also think the casting for this film is superb. I watched the trailer and was both equally compelled and disgusted by it, lol. Still I plan on seeing this. I might wait for the DVD so I can at least fast forward all the zombie gore.


February 8
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny
Admittedly, I like the first film though I don't love it. I think it's quite beautiful and love the martial arts and the two heroines are my favorite. I just didn't care much for the plot and didn't feel like I connected much with the characters. The trailer for this Netflix release film (I think it's also going to select theaters) looked fun with lots of cool martial arts. So I'll probably be checking this one out.


March 4
Zootopia
This looks so adorable!! Amusingly Disney released a trailer that was more of a "clip" where a bunny cop and a fox go to the DMV, but all the employees are sloths. The trailer sold me; this movie is going to be funny and cute and I already love it.


March 25
Batman Vs Superman
Probably one of the most anticipated movies of 2016. I'm pretty excited for this because I've always loved Batman and DC superheroes. My real qualms are the fact that Man of Steel was disappointing for me and this film is helmed by Zack Snyder as well. Not that I'm saying Zack can't do a good movie; I just hope he recognizes some of the flaws of the first one and gives up a more compelling story and actual character growth - unlike Man of Steel. Also, please let Superman/Clark talk more. He's the star after all!


April 15
The Jungle Book
While not my favorite Disney classic, I enjoyed the movie as a kid (my favorite characters were Bagheera and Shere Khan). I actually found the trailer for this live-action remake intriguing - drawn in by the whimsy of a world where jungle animals talk and have adventures. Not certain how well this movie will do, but here's hoping.


April 22
The Huntsman: Winter’s War
Okay, so I'm not sure why they decided to make this movie. The trailer was gorgeous, even if I'm still clueless what the film is really about. I actually liked the first one - it was so beautiful and had Chris Hemsworth. Well, the trailer seems to confirm both things, so I'm probably going to like this one too. Hehe.



May 6
Captain America: Civil War
I am so ready for this one!! I'm a big Marvel fan girl. Having seen the trailer a couple times now, I'm feeling better and better about this movie. It looks so awesome - the emotional stakes are high and the action looks boss! I still take issue with so many cameos; I mean, is this technically an Avengers film? The people behind the film have stated that the story focuses on Steve, though, even with Iron Man playing a large role. Which leads us to the ultimate question... which side are you on?


May 27
X-Men Apocalypse
X-Men Days of Future Past restored my hope in the X-Men series! Yes, there were a lot of plot holes and missteps but overall there was a lot of fun and heart in that movie. Which means I'm really excited about this film as well. The trailer looks extremely promising and I'm excited about the characters they're bringing in (Psylocke, Young Storm, Young Cyclops, Archangel, etc) as well as seeing familiar faces: Michael Fassbender's Magneto and James McAvoy's Professor X.


May 27
Alice Through the Looking Glass
I enjoyed the first film - which means I have to watch the sequel. Haha, excellent reasoning, right? The trailer was well done, though I can't say I'm that hyped about the movie. I'm pretty certain I'll be seeing it, whether on the big screen or DVD.


July 1
The Legend of Tarzan
Not sure what to make of this film. The trailer didn't give away much story, some of the CGI looked pretty bad, and the overall feel was Tarzan meets Planet of the Apes remake, lol. I really like the Tarzan story though (I've even read the book, haha) which means I'll probably see this film.


July 22
Star Trek Beyond
I'm aware of the unpopularity of the trailer. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say I actually liked the trailer. I consider myself a Trekkie - I've seen all of the original Star Trek series (yes, the '60s show), watched all of the films (except for the very first one, Star Trek: The Motion Picture, which bombed), and seen a few episodes for Star Trek: The Next Generation. So I get why fans were upset. But Star Trek Into The Darkness was kind of disappointing - it felt boring, unnecessarily dark, and like they stripped all of the fun out of the story. I felt like Star Trek Beyond's trailer was fun! And that excited me.



July 29
Bourne 5
It's Matt Damon. Do I have to say more? I really like the first film and enjoyed the second and third (though I have to admit; it gets kinda repetitive). I even thought Renner's film wasn't too bad (though I haven't rewatched it or thought about it since, haha). Maybe I liked the first film the most because there was a love interest. Shrugs. I know, but a girl can hope.


August 12
Ben-Hur
Ben-Hur is an epic classic!!! Any movie with Charlton Heston is amazing, people. I mean the scope of the film was incredible. But the story, based upon the book, of forgiveness and faith in Jesus was so beautifully done. Not really certain any film could capture the essence of the book and classic 50s movie. But I'll definitely be looking for the trailer. With no poster, I just put a pic of Jack Huston who plays Ben-Hur.


October 7
Gambit
Why are they making this film? Don't get me wrong. I love Gambit. Love Gambit. That's why I don't get this movie. He's always been a character within the X-Men team. As the lead of his own story, I fear that this film could get boring, which will butcher one of my FAVORITE superheroes. (This is really just about me protecting my favorite character.) I wasn't happy when I learned that Channing Tatum was hired for Gambit's role. I've simmered down a lot since then, thankfully, lol. My real issue with Tatum was the fact that of the few roles I've seen him in, I honestly felt like he didn't try to act. Probably an unfair accusation since I've only seen him in like four movies. I just don't want them to try and make Gambit into your stereotypical, boring action-flick hero. His character is waaaay more interesting than that. Whatever happens (bar that this film utterly destroys Gambit's character and breaks my heart) I'll be seeing this one.


November 23
Moana
Disney's back with another princess! Moana looks awesome even if all we've got was a picture tease. Can't wait for this one!


December 16
Rogue One (Star Wars film)
Um, it's Star Wars!! Of course I'm pumped!! The idea of a film about Rebellion pilots sounds like a lot of fun. The cast looks promising. All considered, I'm pretty stoked for this one.

Comments

  1. Civil War, Jungle Book, Tarzan, Batman vs Superman ... so many movies I'm looking forward too! It's gonna be good (I hope :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too! It definitely looks promising.:D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Six Flying Dragons Review

Six Flying Dragons Review
Once in a while a drama comes onscreen that you were destined to love. Six Flying Dragons had my heart written all over it as soon as I learned about it. I’ll now apologize for the amount of fangirling that is about to commence over this drama…
Asdgjlkghahsgdhs I LUUUUV DIS DRAMA!!!! <3 <3 <3
Ahem.
Despite the fact that I knew this drama was going to be the best thing ever, I didn’t watch it while it aired. I hadn’t committed to finishing a 50-episode drama in a looong time but I knew with this one I would have to make an exception. Finally, when I thought I had the time to start on it, I dived in. So glad I did.
Six Flying Dragons tells the story of the passionate politician Jung Do Jeon who wants to change the decaying government of Goryeo and start a new dynasty and rule of government with virtuous General Yi Seong-Gye as king. However, it is Yi Seong-Gye’s fourth son, Yi Bang-Won, who relates most to Jung Do Jeon’s dream – and who will also be Jun…

Cinderella and the Four Knights: Episode 1 Recap

Cinderella and the Four Knights is here! This K-drama recaptures the old fun from popular dramas like You're Beautiful and Boys Before Flowers with the "pretty boy" squad and plucky, poor heroine who wins all their hearts. The real question is, how will our Cinderella ever be able to choose? Here's a recap of the first episode!
The Introduction

The episode starts out with the heroine, Eun Ha-Won, whose life closely resembles that of Cinderella, working endless part-time jobs while dealing with a selfish step-mom and step-sister.

We also meet the three Kang grandsons: very different cousins who don’t get along at all. Kang Seo-Woo is the quieter cousin who focuses on his music. Kang Hyun-Min is a womanizer who is constantly breaking up with girls (and giving them expensive parting gifts to soften the blow, lol). Through flashbacks we see he’s been with his rich grandfather, CEO Kang, the longest. Kang Ji-Woon is the newest addition – he was found recently, the long-los…

What A Girl Wants Review

I still remember the first time I watched this film – at my friend’s house, sitting on her bedroom floor, watching it on a small television with a VHS player. Hehe. Those were the days. What A Girl Wants is a modern, somewhat looser Cinderella retelling that while a simple, cheesy teen flick, has a lot of sweet charm to it, especially with its message of father-daughter relationships and finding one’s identity.

The story starts out with Daphne Reynolds who lives with her single mom, Libby, in Chinatown, New York. Her mom’s a wedding singer while Daphne, at seventeen, is working odd jobs and trying to decide what to do next with her future. At one of the weddings, Daphne is working as waitress when the father-daughter dance begins. Her mother recognizes that forlorn look and tries to console Daphne, but Daphne’s pained at the thought that her father-daughter dance will never come.

It’s been enough years of waiting for Daphne. She finally sets out for London, leaving her mom a note exp…