Challenge: Day 12 – Drama That You’re Ashamed of Liking

This question makes me laugh every time I read it! I can't help but imagine a person hiding in a corner, nodding her head with a reluctant yes, I like that pathetic drama but I will NEVER tell!


I think I’d have to choose The Birth of the Rich for this one. I’m not going to say I loved the drama because I didn’t. But I did enjoy parts of it despite its ridiculous soap operatic writing that bordered on inane at times.

The story is about Choi Suk-Bong who knows that he’s the son of one-night-stand of a rich dude and his mom and he’s out to find his rich dude dad since his mom died. There are at least three rich chaebols (business CEOs) who he thinks are potentially his dad. There’s also a girl who is a daughter of a chaebol and of course they end up working together and falling in love.

The birth daddy reveal went on literally forever in this show. So many bizarre things happened to Suk-Bong he could probably write a best-seller about all the crazy shenanigans in his life. So many clichés, so much boring filler, lol. Perhaps I was really bored during the time I watched this show, because I did finish it though I would “skip” through the episodes to watch scenes with the characters I liked.


My favorite character in this drama was the second lead dude Choi Woon-Suk played by Nam Goongmin who I really love as an actor. His character was controlling and evil but I enjoyed watching Nam Goongmin doing those cold expressions and watching his romance with Tae-Hee, which was really him just manipulating her interest in him to gain power. Oh my gosh, the ending was so hilarious! Woon-Suk ended up in jail with Tae-Hee visiting him, still in love with him. Of course, Woon-Suk was a repentant man by then, realizing that Tae-Hee was the best thing he ever had (which duh, Woon-Suk).

Comments

  1. I almost added this one to my watch list, just because Ji Hyun Woo! But I just couldn't do it :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Ji Hyun Woo! He was adorable here as usual... of course, his character was swallowed up by a lot of makjang craziness, lol.

      Delete
  2. It sounds very makjang but I might check it out sometime because it sounds amusing, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were definitely some amusing parts. Tae-Hee was kinda funny in a crazy way. I actually liked her which is really rare for me to like any second-leading lady in a K-drama, lol.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts