Challenge: Day 5 – Drama You Want to See But Haven’t

K-Drama:


I Remember You/Hello Monster is a K-drama that came out last year. I wasn’t interested in watching it then as police procedurals aren’t my favorite (though I do watch them occasionally, lol). But then I began to see so many positive reviews for it after the show finished putting this on my radar of To Be Eventually Watched dramas.

J-Drama:


I became interested in From Five to Nine after seeing gifs of it on Tumblr. Apparently the story is about a monk who falls in love and woos a girl (he’s a Buddhist monk and yes certain monks are allowed to marry). Not really certain what else happens in the drama, but I read a short review that made it sound very cute and fun.

C-Drama:


 Sound of the Desert is a historical C-drama based on a popular book Ballad of the Desert. It’s looks like typical wuxia fare – girl is raised by wolves, has love triangle, gets in rivalry with powerful concubine girl. The costumes and look of the drama are quite pretty, though. I like the actors as well, so I may give this a try in the future.

Comments

  1. I started Hello Monster and just could not for the life of me get into it! Which is so weird, because I love literally every single actor and actress that is in it! I will give it another shot some day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard hot and cold reviews for Monster; some people loved it, others found it boring. I'll have to see how it works out for me.
      Oh yes! I usually put a drama that bored me on the back burner as well. Save it for a future date, right?

      Delete
    2. I think the beginning is just so slow, and there is a huge mystery surrounding the lead and it goes back into his past a lot. Some dramas do it well, like Missing You, but I just felt so bored during those parts of HM :(

      Delete
    3. I feel like quite a few K-dramas have very slow, underwhelming beginnings. It's definitely killed my patience many times and had me drop the offending drama. :(

      Delete
  2. I was one of those who adored Hello Monster... :D It, Liar Game, and White Christmas are the Monster Question trilogy, and they all address the idea of monsters/killers differently. I found them all fascinating.

    Sound of the Desert is on my list too.... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked Hello Monster! That gives me hope it'll be good, hehe. Definitely love Liar Game. Haven't seen White Christmas but I've heard a lot about it and I'm intrigued.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts