Challnge: Day 18 – Favorite Live Action version of an Anime/Manga

I’ve only seen one live action adaptation of an anime/manga but it’s the best ever and I’m totally willing to stand by that!! Rurouni Kenshin, an extremely popular manga/anime series, had three successful live-action films and recently reached my top ten list of favorite films.

The story revolves around a former samurai, who has made a vow not to kill anymore (after fighting in a civil war in Japan in the 1800s), yet must fight those who are threatening his friends and the peace of Japan.

I’m just going to be brief for this challenge question and hint at my love of it with a few pictures and five short reasons why I love these films –

#1 Sato Takeru (plays the hero Kenshin)

#2 the “reverse-blade” sword that is purposely dull so not to kill

#3 18th century Japan!!

#4 period costumes!!

#5 BEST ACTION/SWORD-FIGHTS EVER

(my review for the movie is coming soon, hehe)





Comments

  1. <3 <3 <3 :)

    Sato Takeru's character in Bloody Monday was underutilized, but I still loved him in that also. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's awesome, isn't he? :D I also watched Sato Takeru in Partners by Blood (also known as Bitter Blood); he played my favorite character in that also.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts