Teaser Tuesday

TeaserTuesday-ADailyRhythm


Today I'm joining in Teaser Tuesday, a weekly meme hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm.

The rules are simple and anyone can join in! To do so, just:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• Be careful not to include spoilers.
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


My Teaser:

"Witnessing Lafyaette blatantly botch a dance with Marie Antoinette at one of her swanky balls, Segur winced that Lafayette 'proved so clumsy and so awkward that the queen laughed at him.' According to Lafayette, 'My awkward country manners - and a certain self-respect - made it impossible for me to adapt entirely to the required graces of the court.' "






As a huge history lover of the American Revolution, I have always been taken with the story of the Marquis de Lafayette. It's been a while since I've read a biography book but when I saw this at the library, I was like, "yeah why not?" It's an enjoyable read even with the author's amusingly constant need to be relevant and chastise every historical person's failures. The narrator/author's voice makes it more fun than just reading dry facts, though.

Comments

  1. Sounds interesting. I enjoy reading histories if they're well written.
    My Tuesday post features ROUND THE BEND.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well-written histories are definitely a must! :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts