Top Ten Tuesday!


This was a really unique and cool idea for TTT this week (hosted by The Broke and the Bookish) - books relating to music. I found it harder than I expected as I've never felt very knowledgeable about music; I rarely remember band names or the names of songs. I really had to think hard to come up with this list. Here's hoping my story ideas for the songs make sense!

What Songs Do You Wish Were Books?

#1 Blinding - Florence and the Machine
I'm not great at interpreting songs but my "understanding" of Blinding is a girl who finally "awakens" to the reality that she's in a bad relationship and comes out of it. It would make a good story of a girl who leaves a broken relationship and begins to find herself. I can even see it being written as a fractured fairy tale sort of like the musical Into The Woods with a Cinderella character realizing Prince Charming's a fake.

#2 Castle - Halsey
This song would make an awesome book as the song's tough-as-nails heroine takes the castle against all odds.

#3 I Wanna Dance With Somebody - Whitney Houston
I like '80s music, haha. I feel like this song could be a cute chick-lit of a girl looking for the right guy.

#4 Love is a Battlefield - Pat Benatar
This would be a good song for a love-hate relationship between a couple.

#5 Rain Falls - Shim Eun Kyung
An emotional, poetic song that tells of a woman's pining heart for her love who is no longer present. I'm sensing a melodramatic story of a woman remembering her youth and her first love who disappeared or died.

#6 As The World Falls Down - David Bowie
Perhaps I like this song because of the Labyrinth movie - it certainly makes me think of gorgeous '80s ballgowns and dancing in a fantasy-medieval-like world.

#7 Squeeze - Steve Camp
I listened to so much Steve Camp as a kid! This would be a good story about someone who follows the dark side of power and wealth and then gets redeemed.

#8 Kashmir - Led Zeppelin
Apparently this song is about a long, seemingly never-ending journey. I can see this being one of those adventure stories where the characters have to journey for a while, maybe in a desert?

#9 You - Orfa Haza
This song feels very romantic and epic, so I'm definitely seeing a dramatic, intense star-crossed romance novel for this.

#10 Become the Beast - Karliene
I see a song of a person's journey to the "dark side" for this one. I think it would be great as a superhero story with a character who gets pulled into the villain's schemes and starts sacrificing his morals, leading him further down a dark path.

Comments

  1. I've not heard 'Castle,' but from your description I already like it! I'll have to go have a listen. Great list, Faith. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I happened upon Castle while listening to 8tracks. I pretty much only use 8tracks app on my phone to listen to music since my car doesn't have a CD player.

      Delete
  2. I've seen a lot of people include Castle on their list. I have it on my book soundtrack for Throne of Glass!

    Here's my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Castle would be a perfect choice for Throne of Glass!

      Delete
  3. I've seen Castle show up a lot this week - gonna have to go check it out :) My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cool! I had no idea that Castle was so popular. :D

      Delete
  4. Rain Falls would make an amazing story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Someone who knows Rain Falls song. :D I agree; there's so much understated emotion in the song that would be so good in a story.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts