Skip to main content

And Even More Top Ten Couples!


It’s back! Another Top Ten OTPs from K-dramas! I know, I know. It’s crazy to have this many favorite OTPs. Or… maybe not! Because having too many OTPs is like having too much clothes. There’s no such thing. Though my closet wouldn’t know personally… and my bank account thanks me for that as well. Check out My Top Ten Part 1 & Part 2 and Another Top Ten Part 1 & Part 2 for the original OTP posts.

Again, I must admit that my rating system is unashamedly biased. I may like a silly couple from a stupid drama better than a wondrous couple from an ah-mah-zing drama just cause I’m that way (read: crazy). Let the fun begin!

And Even More Top Ten K-Drama Couples! 
(Part 1)

Jung-Woo & Ae-Ra
10.  Na Ae-Ra & Cha Jung-Woo (Cunning Single Lady/Sly and Single Again)
                Not sure why but I really like stories of divorced couples getting back together. I think it’s really the idea that circumstances/whatever has separated them but they can’t get over their love for one another – which makes a great romantic premise. In this drama, Ae-Ra and Jung-Woo are hilariously bickering exes who really dislike each other. Of course, that’s merely a cover-up for unresolved feelings and a lot of pain from the past. This couple has great chemistry with each other, managing to carry an other-wise boring show to a happily-ever-after.
                A Favorite Moment: A kiss under the cherry blossom trees. Because, beautiful and yay a kiss!

Lee Shin & Gyu-Won
     9.  Lee Gyu-Won & Lee Shin (Heartstrings)
                I almost gave up on this drama early on until this couple slowly began to emerge. Heartstrings is a quiet slice-of-life drama that brings a couple that’s sweet, cute and just simple. These characters feel more like the average people you’d know at college, which makes it all the more enjoyable. This show is sometimes considered the alternative to You’re Beautiful, where actor Jung Yung-Hwa finally gets the girl.
                A Favorite Moment: The forehead kiss. Too cute!

Enrique & Dok-Mi
8.  Go Dok-Mi & Enrique Geum (Flower Boy Next Door)
                Such a cute couple! Extremely shy girl Dok-Mi pretty much locked herself up in her apartment for years until bubbly, adorable Enrique bursts into her life. Lots of life lessons and personal growth come from this sweet relationship.
                A Favorite Moment: Enrique catches Dok-Mi peeping at him through her apartment window and he comes over to her apartment building making a huge ruckus (and freaking out the little hermit Dok-Mi). Lol. Such a hilarious scene.

No-Ra & Hyun-Suk
7. Ha No-Ra & Cha Hyun-Suk (Twenty Again)
                Ahh the cute! Sweet, unassuming No-Ra decides to go back to college – and collides with professor and former first love, Hyun-Suk. Though this drama doesn’t focus on the romance until later on, this couple has a lot of time together, rebuilding their friendship and learning about each other along the way. Though Hyun-Suk can be a bit of a grouchy baby, with dimples like his he can be forgiven most anything!! And when he’s not being grouchy, he’s usually being over-the-top selfless. So it balances out, I think. Meanwhile, No-Ra is perfection. That’s all.
                A Favorite Moment: No-Ra dancing on the stage and Hyun-Suk watching with little heart eyes of love. Haha.

Joo-Eun & Yeung-Ho
6. Kang Joo-Eun & Kim Yeung-Ho (Oh My Venus)
Oh my indeed! Actors Shin Min-Ah and So Ji-Sub have loads of chemistry onscreen bringing together a couple that’s easy to root for. Joo-Eun is a spunky, strong heart who never gives up. Yeung-Ho is a sweet, chivalrous rich guy (who wants to live like a normal guy. Sounds like he’s perfect…) with a gigantic compassionate heart. Clearly perfect for each other!
                A Favorite Moment: Joo-Eun and Yeung-Ho sneaking hugs and cute moments together behind Yeung-Ho’s buddy roommates’ backs. Adorable.

Comments

  1. I really liked Ae Ra and Jung Woo together, but even so, I still had some pretty massive second lead syndrome in Cunning Single Lady!

    I had dropped Heartstrings twice before finally finishing it! They were cute together, but that drama just couldn't live up to You're Beautiful. Shin Woo was a much better character than Lee Shin.

    Enrique is amazing. Seriously. I want more Enrique all of the time!

    I haven't watched Twenty Again, but now I am thinking I should :)

    Oh My Venus really shocked me be how good the chemistry was and how cute the storyline was! I wasn't going to watch it, but then I kept seeing little Henry clips everywhere and I got sucked in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Seo Kang Joon was seriously adorable as the second lead!

      Heartstrings was cute, though definitely not as addictive as You're Beautiful.

      I really enjoyed Twenty Again. It just made me happy, haha.

      Haha, oh Henry. He's hilarious. I love the constant "ma'am" he uses. The chemistry was definitely what made the show worth watching. :D

      Delete
    2. I decided to start Twenty Again, since I've loved all of your other top ten couples that I have watched! I'm only 6 episodes in, but I love Hyun Suk so much! He still hasn't found out she isn't really dying, so he is doing all of these amazing things for her bucket list, and I swear, every episode I fall more in love with him!

      Delete
    3. Yay! Twenty Again is a great one. Hyuk-Suk is really too perfect at times, hehe. He's won many of our hearts. :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cinderella and the Four Knights: Episode 1 Recap

Cinderella and the Four Knights is here! This K-drama recaptures the old fun from popular dramas like You're Beautiful and Boys Before Flowers with the "pretty boy" squad and plucky, poor heroine who wins all their hearts. The real question is, how will our Cinderella ever be able to choose? Here's a recap of the first episode!
The Introduction

The episode starts out with the heroine, Eun Ha-Won, whose life closely resembles that of Cinderella, working endless part-time jobs while dealing with a selfish step-mom and step-sister.

We also meet the three Kang grandsons: very different cousins who don’t get along at all. Kang Seo-Woo is the quieter cousin who focuses on his music. Kang Hyun-Min is a womanizer who is constantly breaking up with girls (and giving them expensive parting gifts to soften the blow, lol). Through flashbacks we see he’s been with his rich grandfather, CEO Kang, the longest. Kang Ji-Woon is the newest addition – he was found recently, the long-los…

Six Flying Dragons Review

Six Flying Dragons Review
Once in a while a drama comes onscreen that you were destined to love. Six Flying Dragons had my heart written all over it as soon as I learned about it. I’ll now apologize for the amount of fangirling that is about to commence over this drama…
Asdgjlkghahsgdhs I LUUUUV DIS DRAMA!!!! <3 <3 <3
Ahem.
Despite the fact that I knew this drama was going to be the best thing ever, I didn’t watch it while it aired. I hadn’t committed to finishing a 50-episode drama in a looong time but I knew with this one I would have to make an exception. Finally, when I thought I had the time to start on it, I dived in. So glad I did.
Six Flying Dragons tells the story of the passionate politician Jung Do Jeon who wants to change the decaying government of Goryeo and start a new dynasty and rule of government with virtuous General Yi Seong-Gye as king. However, it is Yi Seong-Gye’s fourth son, Yi Bang-Won, who relates most to Jung Do Jeon’s dream – and who will also be Jun…

What A Girl Wants Review

I still remember the first time I watched this film – at my friend’s house, sitting on her bedroom floor, watching it on a small television with a VHS player. Hehe. Those were the days. What A Girl Wants is a modern, somewhat looser Cinderella retelling that while a simple, cheesy teen flick, has a lot of sweet charm to it, especially with its message of father-daughter relationships and finding one’s identity.

The story starts out with Daphne Reynolds who lives with her single mom, Libby, in Chinatown, New York. Her mom’s a wedding singer while Daphne, at seventeen, is working odd jobs and trying to decide what to do next with her future. At one of the weddings, Daphne is working as waitress when the father-daughter dance begins. Her mother recognizes that forlorn look and tries to console Daphne, but Daphne’s pained at the thought that her father-daughter dance will never come.

It’s been enough years of waiting for Daphne. She finally sets out for London, leaving her mom a note exp…