February 2016 Period Drama Challenge: Tag Questions

Yay! Since I finally reviewed a period drama for February (Hail, Caesar), I have some tags to answer! Excited for the many more reviews to come.

1. What period dramas did you view in February?
Hail, Caesar is really the only period drama I can think of that I watched in February. I enjoyed the film especially as a fan of the classic film era.

2. What is your favorite period drama musical?
Singin’ in the Rain is my favorite and I swear the best musical ever!! Other favorites would be Slipper and the Rose, Roger’s and Hammerstein’s Cinderella, The Sound of Music, and lots of others, lol.

3. If you could order up an adaptation of your favorite classic book, what would it be and who would star?
Yes! I love this question! I would order an adaptation of Eight Cousins and Rose in Bloom by Louisa May Alcott. Most of us know her Little Women series, however I love Eight Cousins/Rose In Bloom just as much and I would be SO HAPPY if someone like PBS adapted it into a miniseries. I think Lily James would be so perfect as Rose!

4. If you could be a famous royal from history, who would you be and why?
Ooo. This is a toughie. Sadly, many royals lives were really dark and tragic. I guess I’d choose Queen Seondeok, who ruled Silla (early Korea) by herself. She had a few revolts but her trusty general Yushin easily quelled that. That or I’d choose Princess Heo Hwang-Ok, said to be a princess from India who came to Korea and married King Suro of Gaya (early Korea). They had 12 children; two of her kids took on her surname. Much of their story is surrounded in myth and legend, but it's an intriguing story.

5. What period dramas are you looking forward to viewing in March 2016?

I’m planning to start watching some historical dramas, including Six Flying Dragons, however whether or not I’ll start this month will be seen. Hehe. 

Comments

Popular Posts