Maleficent – The Beauty of Wonder Tales

While researching fairy tales at my library some time ago I came across the word wonder tales for the first time. An alternative name for fairy tales, wonder tales is another way to reminds us that these ancient fantasy stories involve more than fairies. What I love about the name is the idea of what these tales invoke; wonder. Disney’s recent retake on Maleficent captured some of that wonder for me. With its beautiful, magical world, it created a “fairy” world that was lavish and lush and ethereal. There are a lot of moments/elements I loved in the movie. I decided pictures would be the easiest way to explain… worth a thousand words right?

The World and the Creatures/Beings that live there




(I also adore the fairy names; Flittle, Knotgrass, Thistlewit!)

Maleficent's Wings






Maleficent's Arrival at the castle

The costumes are just stunning




Maleficent and Diaval's relationship





Aurora's relationship with Maleficent and Diaval



Aurora Meeting Prince Philip



The Spindle



The Kiss






Comments

  1. Yay! Somebody else who liked this movie! I just wish more people appreciated it ;)

    But seriously, beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, this one does tend to get overlooked.

      Thanks, Olivia!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts