Skip to main content

Upcoming! K-Dramas September 2016


September is just around the corner! With that thought in mind, I've decided to compile a list of K-dramas coming out next month! (I've been inspired by the lovely ladies at The Black Hat Club and The Talking Cupboard who also put out monthly drama lists. Thank you ladies!) For each drama, I have brief plot listed and also a will I watch where I discuss whether or not I'll be adding this to my Must-Watch-Drama List!



Fantastic
September 2
Channel: JTBC
Episodes: 16
Plot: Lee So-Hye (Kim Hyun-Joo) is a drama writer with a terminal illness who has a romance with an actor who can’t really act (Joo Sang-Wook).

Will I Watch? Hmm, interesting. I’m not a huge fan of super sad romances though, but this could prove to be both melodramatic and funny (what with Sang-Wook playing the bad actor, hehe). I’ll probably check out some recaps just to see what it’s like but I won’t be adding it to my list for right now.


 


Drinking Solo
September 5
Channel: TvN
Episodes: 16
Plot: A depiction of a group of college teachers and students’ daily life – what do they all share in common? They like to drink alone.

Will I Watch? The four teasers are all of different characters guzzling alcohol and nothing else. Kind of disappointing (for those who want to see more story) though I get the message. As a slice-of-life story, it does look like it has the potential to be an unique story about friendships and relationships during college life… but it’s a no thanks for me to this drink (err drama).

That Sun in the Sky
September 5
Channel: KBS2
Episodes: 120
Plot: ?

Will I Watch? Well, I couldn’t find any information on this drama. However, its 120 episodes and most definitely a melodrama so I can pretty much safely say I’m passing this one up.




On the Way to the Airport
September 14
Channel: KBS
Episodes: 16
Plot: Described as a thought-provoking melodrama about relationships and can married people be friends with the opposite sexes, On the Way to the Airport follows Choi Soo-Ah (Kang Haneul), her airline pilot husband (Shin Sung-Rok), and university lecturer Seo Do-Woo (Lee Sang-Yoon).

Will I Watch? Lee Sang-Yoon – already third time working at a university?? (Lol, he was a professor in his previous dramas Liar Game and Second Time Twenty Years). Well, honestly, I don’t get the plot… or the lack of it. I suppose the question is an interesting one but I’m not really interested in it. I guess I’d have to see a good trailer or hear some great reviews to get me intrigued. I do like the cast though especially the Liar Game reunion of Shin Sung-Rok and Lee Sang-Yoon. I really want to watch just for them… hee! I guess this is falls under the maybe section (with lots of conditions).



Shopping King Louie
September 14
Channel: MBC
Episodes: 16
Plot: Louie (Seo In-Guk) is an amnesic rich chaebol heir (no surprises here, hehe) who deals with his problems by… shopping a lot. Then he meets a sweet, happy country woman Bok-Shil (Nam Ji-Hyun) who teaches him the true meaning of love.

Will I Watch? Again, I really like the cast. The story is pretty meh sounding, however if they play it up, it could be really funny. Like he has some crazy shopping addiction and Bok-Shil is trying to help him, lol. I might give it a chance if I hear some good reviews about it but otherwise I’m probably not going to add it to my Must-Watch list.





THE K2
September 23
Channel: TvN
Episodes: 16
Plot: The story revolves around Kim Je-Ha (Ji Chang-Wook), a loyal bodyguard who was cast aside by his country, and Go Anna (Yoona), the secret daughter of a presidential campaigner.

Will I Watch? Oh YES!!! This is definitely going on the Must-Watch List! Ji Chang-Wook was fabulous in Healer and this drama sounds like a really cool mash-up of Healer and City Hunter. I love stories about loyal bodyguards and I love the idea of a secret daughter of a presidential campaigner. Here’s hoping this is another super cool and exciting drama!


What dramas are you looking forward to this September? Any here that you're interested in adding to your Must-Watch List? I'd love to know!

Comments

  1. I am very eagerly awaiting THE K2. IT'S JI CHANG WOOK!!!!!! Mom, Mel and I are going to watch it as it comes out. It will be the firs time that the three of us have done that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!!! That's all the reason I need (Ji Chang Wook here I come, lol!) Aww that's cool that you three will be watching this together as it airs! It definitely looks like a GREAT drama to choose to watch together! :D

      Delete
  2. On the Way to the Airport and K2 alllll the way... XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice!! Definitely the two that I'm most interested in in September. :D

      Delete
  3. Will watch: On the way to the Airport, The K2
    Maybe watch: Fantastic, Shopping King Louie
    Not my thing: Drinking Solo.

    I found you! Quite by chance but then that's the most awesome way! Was checking for September drama info and you came up second on the search page. Really glad to get to read your post and I'll check out the others stat!

    Can't wait to see my faves in September: Ji Chang Wook, Lee Sang Yoon and Joo Sang Wook. September's looking mighty fab to me!...AidaZen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, awesome! Thanks for dropping by! And I'm glad I could give you some upcoming drama info! ;)

      Great drama choices! The K2 is going to be a blast! And I really want to see Lee Sang Yoon onscreen again! September is definitely looking boss! :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cinderella and the Four Knights: Episode 1 Recap

Cinderella and the Four Knights is here! This K-drama recaptures the old fun from popular dramas like You're Beautiful and Boys Before Flowers with the "pretty boy" squad and plucky, poor heroine who wins all their hearts. The real question is, how will our Cinderella ever be able to choose? Here's a recap of the first episode!
The Introduction

The episode starts out with the heroine, Eun Ha-Won, whose life closely resembles that of Cinderella, working endless part-time jobs while dealing with a selfish step-mom and step-sister.

We also meet the three Kang grandsons: very different cousins who don’t get along at all. Kang Seo-Woo is the quieter cousin who focuses on his music. Kang Hyun-Min is a womanizer who is constantly breaking up with girls (and giving them expensive parting gifts to soften the blow, lol). Through flashbacks we see he’s been with his rich grandfather, CEO Kang, the longest. Kang Ji-Woon is the newest addition – he was found recently, the long-los…

Six Flying Dragons Review

Six Flying Dragons Review
Once in a while a drama comes onscreen that you were destined to love. Six Flying Dragons had my heart written all over it as soon as I learned about it. I’ll now apologize for the amount of fangirling that is about to commence over this drama…
Asdgjlkghahsgdhs I LUUUUV DIS DRAMA!!!! <3 <3 <3
Ahem.
Despite the fact that I knew this drama was going to be the best thing ever, I didn’t watch it while it aired. I hadn’t committed to finishing a 50-episode drama in a looong time but I knew with this one I would have to make an exception. Finally, when I thought I had the time to start on it, I dived in. So glad I did.
Six Flying Dragons tells the story of the passionate politician Jung Do Jeon who wants to change the decaying government of Goryeo and start a new dynasty and rule of government with virtuous General Yi Seong-Gye as king. However, it is Yi Seong-Gye’s fourth son, Yi Bang-Won, who relates most to Jung Do Jeon’s dream – and who will also be Jun…

What A Girl Wants Review

I still remember the first time I watched this film – at my friend’s house, sitting on her bedroom floor, watching it on a small television with a VHS player. Hehe. Those were the days. What A Girl Wants is a modern, somewhat looser Cinderella retelling that while a simple, cheesy teen flick, has a lot of sweet charm to it, especially with its message of father-daughter relationships and finding one’s identity.

The story starts out with Daphne Reynolds who lives with her single mom, Libby, in Chinatown, New York. Her mom’s a wedding singer while Daphne, at seventeen, is working odd jobs and trying to decide what to do next with her future. At one of the weddings, Daphne is working as waitress when the father-daughter dance begins. Her mother recognizes that forlorn look and tries to console Daphne, but Daphne’s pained at the thought that her father-daughter dance will never come.

It’s been enough years of waiting for Daphne. She finally sets out for London, leaving her mom a note exp…