Skip to main content

Dramas I’m Most Looking Forward to 2017

2017 is flying by! We're already in February!

Every year, there's always shows that I'm looking forwards to. I've compiled a list of the K-dramas that I'm most excited about and can't wait to see!



Strong Woman Do Bong Soon
Plot: A short, cute girl with incredible physical strength becomes the bodyguard for a CEO.
Release Date: February 24
Why I’m Excited: This looks sooo cute! I adore the cast – Park Bo-Young plays the adorable heroine, Park Hyung-Shik the lead, and Ji-Soo the second lead. Also it looks like it’ll be full of laughs and fun antics. Counting down the days until this drama comes on!



My Sassy Girl
Plot: Jeon Ji-Hyun’s popular movie, My Sassy Girl, is getting a drama remake -  but this time set in the Joseon Dynasty. Sassy Princess Hyemyung doesn’t follow the rules and falls in love with prickly Gyun-Woo.
Release Date: May
Why I’m Excited: I’m super stoked for this drama primarily because of the cast – Joo-Won is playing the icy dude and Oh Yeon-Soo (who played a hilarious role in Come Back Mister) is the spunky heroine. I also like the trope of a rascally princess and hope there will be plenty of hijinks and laughs!



Ruler: Mask of the Mask
Plot: The Crown Prince of Joseon must fight an evil organization that has privatized water to sell to people for profit.
Release Date: May
Why I’m Excited: Yoo Seung-Ho and Kim So-Hyun are my primary draw for this one. Not certain how this story will unfold but seeing Seung-Ho play a prince/king again is always a big draw!



Bride of the Water God
Plot: To stop a drought, So-Ah is sacrificed to the water god, but instead of dying, she is taken to his kingdom where she slowly falls for the mysterious water god.
Release Date: TBA
Why I’m Excited: I haven’t read the manhwa for this, but I like historical fantasy stories and this one sounds really fascinating (it also gives me The Story of Shim Cheong vibes which is my favorite Korean fairytale). Right now, offers have been made to Nam Joo-Hyuk and Moon Chae-Won. Can’t wait to hear more about this drama!


Man To Man
Plot: A bodyguard for a top Korean star is also a secret agent.
Release Date: TBA
Why I’m Excited: Park Hae-Jin is my main reasoning for wanting to see this show. Here he plays a bodyguard/secret agent who protects a mega star. The story is also written by the writer of Descendants of the Sun, which means fans (like me) will be anxiously waiting to see if she has another mega hit on her hands.


Queen of the Ring
Plot: Unattractive and unkind, Nan-Hee finds a magic ring that compels an unfeeling, handsome dude to fall in love with her.
Release Date: March

Why I’m Excited: This is a mini-series but I think Kim Seul-Gi (Splash Splash Love) is so adorable and has great comedic timing. I’m never a fan of the whole “ugly” trope, but there’s potential for some hilarity if played right so we’ll have to see. 


What K-dramas, or other shows, are you most looking forward to this year?

Comments

  1. I really want to watch Strong Woman! It looks adorable. I hadn't seen Man To Man before. Now I am hella stoked. Park Hae Jin as a body guard with the story by the DOTS writer? Sign me up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm super glad that Strong Woman is coming out soon.
      You took the words right out of my mouth! Man To Man has so much going for it!

      Delete
  2. 'Strong Woman Do Bong Soon' is on my list to watch later, maybe 'queen of the ring' as i"m a fan of Kim Seul-Gi - she's wonderful in 'splash splash love' & 'oh my ghostess' & also 'surplus princess' & also 'Flower Boys Next Door' - a small role but she was funny there.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Nice to see Strong Woman is on all our lists. Hopefully it's good! Kim Seul-Gi really is good in all her roles. Flower Boy Next Door was the first drama I saw her in.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cinderella and the Four Knights: Episode 1 Recap

Cinderella and the Four Knights is here! This K-drama recaptures the old fun from popular dramas like You're Beautiful and Boys Before Flowers with the "pretty boy" squad and plucky, poor heroine who wins all their hearts. The real question is, how will our Cinderella ever be able to choose? Here's a recap of the first episode!
The Introduction

The episode starts out with the heroine, Eun Ha-Won, whose life closely resembles that of Cinderella, working endless part-time jobs while dealing with a selfish step-mom and step-sister.

We also meet the three Kang grandsons: very different cousins who don’t get along at all. Kang Seo-Woo is the quieter cousin who focuses on his music. Kang Hyun-Min is a womanizer who is constantly breaking up with girls (and giving them expensive parting gifts to soften the blow, lol). Through flashbacks we see he’s been with his rich grandfather, CEO Kang, the longest. Kang Ji-Woon is the newest addition – he was found recently, the long-los…

Six Flying Dragons Review

Six Flying Dragons Review
Once in a while a drama comes onscreen that you were destined to love. Six Flying Dragons had my heart written all over it as soon as I learned about it. I’ll now apologize for the amount of fangirling that is about to commence over this drama…
Asdgjlkghahsgdhs I LUUUUV DIS DRAMA!!!! <3 <3 <3
Ahem.
Despite the fact that I knew this drama was going to be the best thing ever, I didn’t watch it while it aired. I hadn’t committed to finishing a 50-episode drama in a looong time but I knew with this one I would have to make an exception. Finally, when I thought I had the time to start on it, I dived in. So glad I did.
Six Flying Dragons tells the story of the passionate politician Jung Do Jeon who wants to change the decaying government of Goryeo and start a new dynasty and rule of government with virtuous General Yi Seong-Gye as king. However, it is Yi Seong-Gye’s fourth son, Yi Bang-Won, who relates most to Jung Do Jeon’s dream – and who will also be Jun…

What A Girl Wants Review

I still remember the first time I watched this film – at my friend’s house, sitting on her bedroom floor, watching it on a small television with a VHS player. Hehe. Those were the days. What A Girl Wants is a modern, somewhat looser Cinderella retelling that while a simple, cheesy teen flick, has a lot of sweet charm to it, especially with its message of father-daughter relationships and finding one’s identity.

The story starts out with Daphne Reynolds who lives with her single mom, Libby, in Chinatown, New York. Her mom’s a wedding singer while Daphne, at seventeen, is working odd jobs and trying to decide what to do next with her future. At one of the weddings, Daphne is working as waitress when the father-daughter dance begins. Her mother recognizes that forlorn look and tries to console Daphne, but Daphne’s pained at the thought that her father-daughter dance will never come.

It’s been enough years of waiting for Daphne. She finally sets out for London, leaving her mom a note exp…